Thread: HEAT
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Default Re: HEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Granted there are other plugins that offer harmonic distortion for your mixer the fact is that they are all different from each other. The Slate surf is great but it is far more subtle than HEAT and the stereo field is not affected in the same way that it is with HEAT. It's a matter of personal preference of course as to which one you may prefer but the point is that there is no retrofit replacement for HEAT, if that is what one needs.
If you haven't already, try Digi Reel Tape Saturation. I use it regularly in my workflow. It's really great. Also, you probably know that Phoenix, made by Dave Hill as well(as HEAT), is very good and available in native format...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...