View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Default Re: LOUD Audio white noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflowers View Post
Un-f***ing-believable.

I figured out the problem.

I was using a RAID (connected to the Mac Pro via a Highpoint RR 2322 adapter) as my audio drive. Because I'm recording large sessions (podcasts and more) and this is my primary drive for all my media, including Avid, it made sense (to me, anyway).

Then, I moved sessions from the RAID, but - like an idiot I didn't move the audio files from the RAID to another drive.

Apparently, both the SESSION and the previously recorded AUDIO cannot be on a RAID. They have to be on a non-RAID device. Even the already recorded, existing AIFF files. Even the ones that playback in the import audio window, but then don't play on the session timeline.

Now... I just purchased an external Firewire 800 drive for all my Pro Tools work. We will see if that fixes the problem.

Note to Digidesign; Not supporting a RAID, which works with every other piece of software on my Mac, which works with Apple Logic, Quicktime, Soundtrack Pro, Garageband and every other thing I can think of, is so seriously lame. Having this be the problem; inconsistent audio noise on playback -- is even more lame.

I've never, in two decades of computer use, experienced such frustration with a piece of software before. Your "unsupported drives" list seems arbitrary and like some problem I would have had in 1985, with my Amiga.
Kool...Yeah I was gonna say to ur prior post that u can't just import, but u literally have to get it of whateva drive it was on totally...But kool u got it...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)