View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 06:41 AM

Default Re: The Hybrid Engine-large CPU hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmprod View Post
Seems like you post guys are happy with the new hybrid engine. I'm trying my first music mix & I'm rather disappointed with the large CPU hit I'm experiencing. My puter's a 3.46 x 12 core, so I'm not thinking its a slouch. I normally can mix with playback at 256. With the hybrid engine, I'm only halfway thru my mix & I'm already hitting 70% CPU with playback set to 1024. I've looked around the Avid site to see if there are any suggestions for optimization, but not finding any. So I'm looking at reverting back to original HDX mode so I can mix like I usually do. If anyone who does music mixing has any observations/suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thx

Interesting! I have found the complete opposite to be the case. Even in hybrid mode, I can run lower sample buffers much more reliably than I could using the HDX engine alone in previous versions.

Is there perhaps a plugin in there somewhere that needs an update?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.