View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 06:57 PM

Default Headphone jack woes after importing old sessions.

Hi friends!

I made the jump from a 2012 MacBook to the new M1 iMac and so far my Protools experience is smooth sailing until today. I could use some help I’m beyond frustrated.

My setup:
iMac (24inch, M1, 2021)
Protools 2021.7.0
*basic i/o setup using internal speakers and headphones

TLDR: Plugging in my headphones used to transition audio from the internal speakers to headphones, now it doesn’t. Audio continues to play via internal speakers. Problem isolated to Protools.

I was testing a workflow where I bring some “save copy in” sessions from my old laptop over to my iMac. Worked fine. I wasn’t too worried about anything relating to playback engine or i/o getting messed up because of how simple my setup is. But it started getting messy.

Plugging in my headphones used to transition audio from the internal speakers to headphones, now it doesn’t. Audio continues to play via internal speakers. Problem isolated to Protools.

I fiddled with the Mac’s native “Audio MIDI Setup” and “System Preferences” in conjunction with Protool’s “Hardware” “Playback Engine” and “i/o”

I cleared out any junk inputs and outputs from those laptop projects and reset to default inputs and outputs and busses but no luck.

I assume ‘iMac Speakers’ should be the Playback Engine because the ‘Pro Tools Aggregate i/o’ is finicky (it wanted to close projects every time I plugged in the headphones because it detected hardware changes from a third party application)

I didn’t pay attention to what the default setup was because everything worked, now I’m trying to get it back.

I tried loading simple stereo templates, restarting, reinstalling protools. I’m a bit lost and this is probably a simple fix.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk