View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 10:56 AM

Default Re: export/import Q:

Roy,
it works but the truth is it ain't perfect. You need Hubi's Midi-Loopback Device (which you can download free/or I can email it to you) as a virtual midi port to link the two prgrams. As much as I love my M-Audio card to run Reason, it only has 2 outputs so even while I can hear Reason in PT, I only hear the main outs thru an Aux track. A way around this would be to solo say, the SUB or NN19 track, record it into PT and so on for the rest of the individual tracks.
Once you have installed HUBI's, you select it as the midi port in PT and Reason (usually LB1), PT being the master of course. Also, make sure you have Reason set to 'enable sync', the click enabled in PT and in Operations->"enabled in background".

To sum it up, I was excited to see the two can indeed shake hands, but due to the restrictions, I've come to find it's easier and less headache to just start and finish the song in reason, and then export and add my guitars and whatever live instruments later.
The idea is not in the sink, but not in perfect sync either. I'll keep playing with the whole concept a few more times, in case of epiphanic discoveries.

pk