View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Unstable iMac Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
I suspect that since the Razer mouse is designed as a gamer's mouse, which are often Windows-based and also supports RGB lighting and additional buttons etc., that it is made to use some form of software driver in Windows. On a Mac that does not run the Windows drivers, the functionality is diminished (or in this case, not functioning properly). Some mice come with Mac drivers but my experience is that the drivers are not as robust as their Windows counterparts. Look for mice that are clearly marked as Mac compatible and ideally not require a software driver to be loaded. The bottom line: All USB mice are not the same.
Until two months ago I was using a Razer Death Adder because I liked how long things were supposed to last (buttons, etc.). At first it was working quite well then after a couple of months every once in a while it would lose contact with it's driver software and become unmanageable (way too speedy cursor for one). The Mac drivers are old and haven't been updated (I'm running OSX 10.13.6).

Got tired of that and got a new Logitech M500 mouse. I still had the Logitech Control Center driver installed from before. The new mouse was not recognized by the s/w. Downloaded the updated LCC and no soap. Borrowed the M500 from my internet/Photoshop machine and that was recognized no problem. So I decided to pop for Steermouse and the new mouse works just fine with it.

BTW I tried the Death Adder with Steermouse and it wasn't recognized no matter what the Steermouse site said to try with an unrecognized rodent.

QAPLA!