View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 07:50 AM

Default Re: How many people have wiped their computer and done a completely clean is installl

Well found an old back up of Mojave and reinstalled Mojave and I have to say the difference is startling it is now much more snappier
it still is Protools so if you’re at low buffer settings you have to just go slow or stop audio to do anything extravagant… But this is about as good as I remember it

I guess my next question is whether I should go all the way up to 2021.7
My back up installed 2020.12

And the other question is whether I should even go to Catalina which will give me a few more years of this set up

Looks like avid will be dealing about for another year with the M1 migration and even though big sir is qualified, they got another OS launched this week Which I’m sure will result in another year of avid flailing about

If I work along this week and feel like everything’s fine i’ll probably freeze this machine and jump off the Protools upgrade bandwagon… As long as it works within the scope of decent….
paying $200 a year for them to scratch around the edges of modern software when far smaller companies seem to migrate a lot faster

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]