View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Behringer X-Touch or Presonus Faderport 8 or ..?

For me, one of the biggest issues with control surfaces that are not made by Avid / Digidesign, is the limitations when it comes to automating plug-ins.

Of course, there's inherently a greater level of integration with PT, but whether it's a Command 8 / D-Command / Icon / Or any of the newer Eucon based surfaces, the fact that I can simultaneously automate as many plug-in controls as I can physically touch, is a major benefit & time saver.

With HUI based controllers, you cannot for example automate a filter's Cutoff Frequency & Resonance controls simultaneously. You'd have to do that in two separate passes, which doubles the time it takes, and when two such controls interact so fundamentally, you're still looking at further adjustments after those two passes, to iron out the guesswork.

To be honest, I've lost track of whether the Slate Raven has got that licked with multi-touch etc, but that may be beyond your budget.

The Command 8 has some omissions, but is still a serious contender, especially given price they can be picked up for (though I can't remember if they can be used in conjunction with an iPad running Avid's free app).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk