View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 10:44 AM

Default Re: 2021.3 Video engine and bounce to .mov crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
Which did you try? Specify

G
Yes, thanks. I did try snipping the movie and bouncing just the section (no MIDI involved either) and it still crashed/froze. I thought it was the Exponential Audio Symphony plug-in at one point, and after I removed it I could bounce, but then the problem came back later anyhow. I tried setting the grid to frames though, and that did work sometimes. But even when it does work, it's painfully slow.[/QUOTE]

I just started by turning off everything in the session to see if that was it, but it was not plugins. Kept crashing. I use Exponential too! There was an update I got my hands on, but I have NFR from Izotope, so I had to inquire, since I had no access to getting them otherwise. Not sure what the deal is with that and Izotope now. Seems like maybe a short lived scenario, but not sure.. I am using more Liquidsonics stuff now but the Exponential are cool for post also.

I saw this person from Avid on the Carbon thread while having coffee this early am and pointed him to this thread so maybe we can hopefully see a fix soon after they go thru all of the info there from users like us.. I just went to Catalina last week and dig it, but don't like this part at all about the movie bounce.

Here is he email reply to me this am:

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I’ve reached out to the team that works with the Video Engine to investigate. So, we’ll take a look!

Kyle

Kyle Splittgerber
Senior Principal Product Designer
Avid
Berkeley, CA
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS