View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: someone deleted my post....

It seems to me that there is a growing user base of LE users on PCs, largely I would think because people using LE are more likely to buy an interface for there existing computer, or at least replace the computer that they do everything else on to run Pro Tools as well.
TDM users seem more likely to have a scpecific system for recording and when tens of thousands of dollars for a system $2500 for a Mac is pretty insignificant. Also, there isn't as much concern with power since it isn't host based anyway.
For me I use a Mac mostly because I like them better. Everything I do on it could be done just as well on a PC now that 6.1 is out, but even then, I have been using 6 for about four months longer than I could have on a Mac, and when I got my Mbox it was Mac only. The 002 rack was mac only at first as well so there does still seem to be a slight Mac advantage in the LE market but there are other factors such as speed and price that favor Win XP for LE. I see a lot of pros and cons with LE and the market shows that with a large user base for both platforms. However I see no advantage whatsover for TDM on the PC and I guess that is the question of the post. I guess some people just prefer Windows because that is what they are used to.