View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 08:41 PM

Default Mac Studio Max and HD Native vs

Hi, I am thinking of ordering an M1 Mac Studio Max and wanted a few options about options.
I have a Native PCIe card and heard that it doesn't play well with the Mac Studio right now.
Two options - 1. Buy a Native TB for using with my DIGI connection and get rid of the Native Card.
2. Give a WavesGrid card for my Burl Mothership and go that direction.

i rarely use the low latency feature of the Digi connection (Native Card) other than just the connection itself.
I know I would not have a low Latency mode if I went with the WavesGrid.
Has anyone used Waves Sound grid and not missed or needed the Low Latency mode with an M1? I also know that the Burl cards have an AVID latency switch that seem to auto adjust the hardware insert, so I bet you I will have to deal with hardware latency. I am hoping it isn't horrible. Burl has a Soundgrid daughter card, so I can convert.

Secondary concerns - 1 Terabyte drive in the Mac Studio and 64Gig of Memory is my first choice. I was hoping running sessions and VST and sample libraries from SSD external drives will not be a problem?

Thoughts and opinions to keep me from wasting my money. Retired from a day job and on a almost fixed income, so I am hoping to make this decision last a few years...smile.
I have been researching for a while and the external connection thing to a Mac Studio seems daunting. Hubs, External drives, Bays, etc.

Thanks for any feedback.
Jeff

Last edited by digiman57; 12-02-2022 at 08:32 AM.