View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021.3 Crashed, Hasn't Started Since

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Were there clues in the log files about the problems?
Not really sure....I located the locations of the logs, but had absolutely no idea what to even start looking for. It was all complete Greek to me. Is there anywhere I can learn more about how to read/decipher logs?

Quote:
I do think you were making a macOS reinstall too hard:
Very likely. You're almost certainly spot-on. This is a bad habit of mine. I do tend to be exceedingly obsessive about doing things so right that I go completely overboard into the entirely unnecessary.

Quote:
You have a running macOS system, you download the macOS installer and just run it, when it asks if you want you want to do you select new install and point it at the drive or container you want to put that new install and it does all the rest....you don't need to manually erase or mess with any drive.
Just to make sure I understand -- and I have absolutely no intention of changing anything at the moment until a break in the clouds sees some downtime between projects --- if I ever even update it at all, but.....

Are you saying to literally just run the downloaded installer in my Applications folder? I have certainly done that before on older computers and just understood it to be an OS upgrade. I started thinking you were suggesting a complete "clean install," sending everything back to factory-state and then restoring data from a backup. Did I misunderstand? If you were updating the OS are you saying you'd just upgrade it via the downloaded installer from the App Store?

Thanks as always for the help and advice.

Best,

Sean