View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Understanding licensing for older versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
in short: no
8.0.5 might work, but it's a total PITA to install
I wouldn't call it that bad, but it will be a crap shoot
Here's the method if you're game for trying:

Step 1-with everything turned OFF, connect the 002 and leave it powered OFF.

Step 2-have both the 8.0.3 installer AND the 8.0.5 updater on your machine(I would put the files on the desktop for this)

Step 3-open the installer and right-click and choose Run as Administrator. When it asks you to connect the interface, DON'T. Just click Okay, let it finish and reboot.

Step 4-run the 8.0.5 updater, and again, use the Run as admin option. When the updater asks you to connect the interface, power the 002 on, wait for an 8 count, click Okay, let it finish and reboot again

Step 5-before running PT, right-click on the PT icon and select Properties. Find these 2 options and check them both:
Always Run as admin
Disable Desktop Composition

Step 6-open Pro Tools and have your authorization code handy(the one that starts with "DIGI08......").

Last thoughts; with all versions of LE, the hardware is the "dongle" but you must have an authorization code for the first run of any install. With PC, you MUST have a compatible FW controller by TI(Texas Instruments) as a VIA chip may not work. NEVER hot-patch 002 or 003 FW cables as that can fry the circuit in the interface, the PC or both. Pro Tools on PC can work great, or not, depending on several hardware items such as the chipset, the CPU or the graphics card.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave