View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Really frustrating problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Dogg View Post
You guys are on to something I think.

Firstly.....I now have a feeling the problem is with Drumcore and I have reached out to their support.

As far as Pro Tools......it seems to be saving some files or folders to my Documents as you guys mentioned. I'm sure this is not correct.

Here is a PT folder in Documents.No Audio Files folder but everything else.

Here is a shot of my PT Preferences showing the location as Documents.

Here is what I see when I click Option-O. Note that it shows the Drumcore loop file under Session Audio Files but it is not actually in the session folder/audio files.

I did a Spotlight search and found Drumcore is saving these loops in a Render folder inside a Drumcore folder in my Documents.

So at this point in time my question is.......Is Pro Tools saving stuff to the right place or do I need to change the location as seen in the preferences picture?
In Answer to the last question What you are seeing in your Preference > Operations tab is the default and is the correct location for those folders , and so the folders in your Documents >Pro Tools folder,,, are correct....
I have exactly the same thing showing in both . Those Items are general preference related and not tied to specific sessions Like the session "Audio files" are.

As far as I can tell you seem to be having two different issues.

#1 the drum loop does not seem to be importing/and or saving as a usable audio file format ( the screen shot is pretty fuzzy of your workspace ) but I think the drum loop file should be showing as a WAV or AIFF etc. in order to be saved to the session audio files folder

#2 the guitar showing up and playing back and showing in the Audio Files folder, and then disappearing ( That is strange and seems like it could be saving issue ) And to be clear when you save, you are using just "Save" not "Save As" or "Save Copy In " correct ?

Also to clarify when you first launch PT is the destination showing in your Dashboard the correct destination where your session folders are stored ? Red arrow below.

(Hint when you use Imgur for screen shots for the code select size "Large Thumbnail " rather than Original and they will not appear so big on this page )

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 09-16-2021 at 02:54 PM.