View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Neyrinck v-control-pro with procontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
Are you also experiencing a slight delay at punch in or could it be i didn't set everything up properly (i.e. firmware on pro control ?)
I did not notice a slight delay at punch, I'm guessing this is specific to your system or to the session that you are recording in (buffer sizes, ADC, number of tracks, etc.).

Also take into consideration that the HUI protocol is a MIDI protocol and not the original Ethernet protocol for ProControl. So there is some translation going on between low-level Ethernet commando's to V-Control Pro to MIDI to Pro Tools and back. So this could cause some slight delay, however I find using ProControl with V-Control Pro and Pro Tools very snappy.

I only have experiences with my 48 ch ProControl, they all have firmware COMv1.37 FDRv1.37. So if you are running an older firmware version in theory it could have something to do with the slight delay you are experiencing, but I doubt that really.

Mac Pro (Mid 2012) 3.33 GHz 6-core - 48 GB RAM - macOS 13.6.2 (with OCLP 1.3) - Magma EB7 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins