View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Used Carbon hardware without software

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Hey Mark

Thanks for the case number, it was very helpful. In this instance since the original owner choose to extend an existing license, much like you have, there is no software to transfer unfortunately.

I do see the Carbon in your account now, and as mentioned before, it'll work with Pro Tools Standard or Ultimate.

Lemme know if you have any other questions... enjoy!

m
Thanks so much, Mark. I'm glad things are sorting out for Wickett. In my case, the used Carbon purchase was on 11/15/22 but it took quite a bit of time before the TOO finally was authorized by Avid. Not to beat a dead horse, but when did something "change" with our Carbon's original PTU license that invalidated its transfer? Many times support said that software could not be transferred because it was a PTU subscription - a number of Avid support reps even claimed the Carbon couldn't be sold/transferred because of the bundled subscription, lol. Originally our Carbon's PTU was a 1yr subscription and registered on 5/19/2022 - the sale of the Carbon system was around 11/15/22. There was never a conversion or perpetual license received or offered. Would love to know what could’ve or should’ve been done to retain the license. Feel free to PM me, if you prefer.

-Mark
At PlethoraTone:
Mac Mini M1, Avid Carbon,
PSP, Waves Mercury, UAD, Kush, Slate Digital,
PA, Melodyne, Antares, Audioease, SoundToys

Last edited by mlange; 04-09-2022 at 07:34 AM.