View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Hey all, I'll reply back with more detail once I am back in the office, but lemme TRY to quell some of the confusion...

The parachute, as one of you stated earlier, did not deploy. There is a bug logged and IT is working on it.

For now, ALL of you should have PT Ultimate Perp in your Products Not Downloaded section of your My Avid account.

Once the parachute is patched... you will have the option to renew the parachute Subscription OR let it stay in a Perpetual license state. While it is perpetual, you currently will have the option to renew the subscription at any point in time.

Also, since you all received a Perpetual Ultimate license, you will also have the option to renew the Support contract to continue receiving software updates, plugins and support.

I'll be back in the office tomorrow, so let me know any specific questions you have and I'll try to address them.

Mark
My understanding was when it's time to renew your Carbon Pro Tools Standard license (subscription) you would be purchasing the support plan renewal and not the subscription plan. Is this correct or not? I also would like to know if the end user is given a 30 days grace period to renew the Carbon Pro Tools Standard subscription as the current Pro Tools Ultimate / Standard license holders are afforded?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.