View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Accidental dual subsciption-Avid won't cancel

As a long time Pro Tools user it has been really frustrating dealing with all of the changes with the company. In this case, I was dealing with something that seemed to be a bug, and with all the money that has been paid(as opposed to a one time fee, we as consumers are now on subscription) it is ironic that customer support has gotten way worse.

I was ported to someone who had no knowledge of what he was talking about, and was speaking from a script, was obviously speaking English as a second language, which greatly impacted what should have been a simple call.

I was on deadline for a big live-cast which was majorly compromised by this issue, and the lack of tech support, which not only took up time I didn't have, but didn't even resolve the initial problem i was calling about.

I make my living recording and performing music, and have been paying money into the Pro Tools world for a long time to try to provide a solid system for the standards that I am held to. Situations like this should be unavoidable