View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Control the Eleven Rack from an iPad/Android Tablet - Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
i have used vcontrol for this for awhile now. if you have an ipad you should check it out. i use it to mix headphone sends in the tracking room, kit piece mapping on bfd 2 when i am at the kit, can track acoustic guitars in my tracking room on my own and have complete control, can easily do anything w eleven rack. the pro tools integration is top notch, and a lot nicer than just a screen copy of your monitors.
vControl looks cool, but unless they make it for Android I won't be getting it. I have a distaste for everything Apple.

I also use TouchDAW which is pretty cool as well.

but having a complete reproduction of your PC on your tablet is really nice, you can even access your complete PC from anywhere in the world with Splashtop. So you could launch Pro Tools, and control your 11R from 5000 miles away.

Another thing thats pretty cool is you can route the sound from your PC to your tablet, so you can say play a video on your computer and be able to not only watch it, but hear it on your tablet.

Splashtop is great for lazy people, you can lay in bed all day and still control your desktop, which makes it great for doing boring tasks, especially when there are long wait periods in between the computer needing human input. No need to get up and check on your computer, just look at your tablet

I've done stuff with BFD2 and Splashtop as well. Stuff like setup basic kits, program some grooves ect...

But I'll checkout vControl if they decide to port it to Android or the new Windows tablets.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio