View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Default "Sticky" for Correct Uninstall-Reinstall Process for Pro Tools!

Hello AVID,

As an owner of Pro Tools 10, PTIEP (Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack), and various other plug-ins like TL Space Native, etc..., I'm completely confused on how to perform the Uninstall-Reinstall Process for Pro Tools correctly.

I would greatly appreciate it (as I'm sure others would), if you would create a "Sticky" on how perform the whole process of uninstalling-reinstalling Pro Tools and other AVID software/plug-ins correctly!

In my set up for example:

Should I choose "Safe" or "Clean" uninstall?
If I choose "Clean" uninstall, will this delete the PTIEP, TL Space Native, etc..

The PTIEP installer has still not been updated and will install files into the "Digidesign" folder, which since the release of PT 10, has now become obsolete and been replaced with the "AVID" folder.

After the uninstall, do I run the Pro Tools 10.3 Installer then run the Avid Virtual Instruments 10.3 Installer and that's it? Or... Do I need to run the Pro Tools 10.3 Installer again after the Avid Virtual Instruments 10.3 Installer?

And so on...

Again... I find the whole process unnecessarily confusing!

As a PT user since the Version 6 days, I do not remember (other than 10.2), ever having to uninstall Pro Tools every time an update became available.

FWIW... When it came time to install 10.2, I was told over the phone by AVID support to choose the "Safe" uninstall option.

Thanks for your help with this matter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro 17-inch (Early 2011), 2.2 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 8GB SDRAM, 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 RPM, Lion 10.7.4

Pro Tools 10.2.0, Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, TL Space Native, MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 (RTAS).