View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Need help with installing Structure / Goliath - Structure Edition

Install the initial programs and samples (Disc 1) into the folder Structure Factory Libraries. This is usually in a drive that has <Applications: Digidesign:Structure:Structure Factory Libraries> already installed. It can be drive that is separate from the system drive. If you have Leopard, the samples from the Samples DVD 01 will have to be manually installed. The installation program says that they have been, but it's a lie. You have to do it yourself. The install program creates a folder that is named DVD 01, but it has no data in it. Just copy the actual instrument files from the folder with the same name on DVD 1. Then manually copy the other 9 DVD samples folders to the same folder. After this procedure, you should have a 40.18 Gbyte folder called <Goliath Structure Edition> inside the <Structure Factory Libraries> folder.

Make sure that there is an alias that points to this folder in the <Users:Shared:Library:Application Support: Digidesign:Air:Structure:Favorites> folder on your main system drive. When you instantiate Structure in PT, you should see the at the bottom of the menu when you click on the patch selector arrow.

I'm not currently running this on an Intel Mac, so I can't speak to that, but the pointers and data structures should be the same.

I hope this helps.