View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 09:19 PM

Default Re: LVS to sell AVID

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolex1 View Post
Darryl is spot on as with the spike in the shares, someone would need to come in at a premium though paying off debt isn't usually part of the deal. It would just be a restructure with said banks.
But beyond that, there is no contract that would force funding for restructuring or product investments.
Any highly leverage acquisition needs to have a sellable (to their investors/LPs) thesis about what they are going to do to make this company much more successful. Anybody raising debt to purchase the company may well want to flush the JP Morgan loan and get out from under the EBITDA covenant there, like if it's worth ~$1B in a leveraged acquisition it's got to have a big upside and significant changes/implements to realize... think drastic changes/restructuring and nobody wants what would then be a minor debt holder with powerful covenants. Now if JP Morgan partners with others to do an LBO... but but but multiple past investor lead attempt have been made so I'm just not seeing that be a thing unless an absolute fire sale. So that leaves Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, ..., and my suspicion is they just have lots better things to do and already compete in some areas where sorting that out would be a distracting mess. And there may be an anti-trust/competition issue. Still I expect those options would be the most likely. Somewhere there is sell IB team dialing for dollars and hoping to make a few $M on a deal... hopefully Avid has somebody decent on board, some of the smaller players are just not great at doing this, and the team shopping the company sends a strong signal to potential acquirers.