View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM

Default The studio I work for just bought an avid Artist combo

I come in to work and I find on my desk an Artist control and a 8 fader thing.

Now I feal obligated to learn this probaply useless apparatus.

I dont like controle surfaces because they are usually ill designed and dont care about how the user wants to work. For instance, I wanted a "one fader" unit. You click on a track, you move the fader, done deal move on. The thing I hate the most in the whole world is scroling mixer pages to put un focus the track I have in front of me on the computer screen. That, and trying to guess what "QreFg" means on the tiny lead on top of a fader. Come on, can I just frekin click a track and move the fader plz?... The problem with "elaborate" controle surfaces is that they want you to stop doing things you were allready doing perfectly with the mouse and transfer them to there guizmo, therefore justifying the high price of the the feature full gizmo. At the end of the line, you change your work habits, and you didn't gane anything in terms of rapidity. What's the use of executing commands on the gizmo instead of just doing them with the mouse? The answer is money.

Now I got to find a user manual for the damn thing. I looked around on the net and cant find any. Does anyone know where to find one?