Thread: Pro Tools Flex
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Protools Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Well, spoken about MIDI and automatic delay compensation, that's still a disaster.
Yes, I also do tons of MIDI production in Pro Tools and I admit that this is a problem. I'm always having to freeze those types of tracks.

I also hate that if you arm an instrument track to record, it does not have auto low latency like audio tracks do. So if you have a send on the instrument track that goes to an Aux with a plugin that has some latency, the instrument track will have unbearable latency.

BUT...

They still fixed tons of other things for me (some I don't think are listed). For example, the playback while punching in on audio tracks is now accurate. Before it didn't transition with the playback on the punch in time, it was like 1/3rd of a second late.

The annoying VCA graphic and large Black boxes in the MIDI windows are fixed. (Still some occasional black boxes remain, but much better than before)

Creating time changes in the MIDI window was extremely glitchy before and seems to be working right now.

Setting pre-roll in areas that had time changes would typically have the pre roll go somewhere other than where you clicked when option clicked before the insertion point. That seems to be fixed.

MIDI editing doesn't seem as laggy in this version as prior versions.

I love the Aux defaulting to Solo-Safe.

I'm sure there are others I'll continue to realize too as I go.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio