View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Default copy or duplicate midi parts crashes PT MP 7.1/7.3

Hi,

It's just me or there is a nasty bug on PT 7.1/7.3 that prevents any copy/paste operation with MIDI parts?

When I use MIDI drum tracks, I like to work first with a small pattern until it is perfect, then use it as a model and duplicate and/or copy it all across the track. Since I upgraded to PT MP 7.1(then 7.1.1 and cs10), Protools freezes everytime I copy or duplicate MIDI parts, the beachball shows up for about 10 secs than it crashes nastly. Upgraded to 7.3 and the problem remains.

The only solution so far is to select the MIDI parts with the grabber tool than use the option(mac) key to create and drag a copy of the selected notes to the desired position on the track. But this is big pain in the ass, especialy when I work with long songs.

Note that I use the select tool to mark the bars I want to copy on the MIDI track(including MIDI notes and empty spaces), since it's easier to place(or replace) it that way. Since I dont use MIDI very often, I'm not excluding the possibility of doing something wrong here, so any word on that matter will be greatly appreciated.

iMac G5 1.6, 2G RAM, OS 10.4.8, M-audio Firewire 1814 with latest drivers(1.8.1).

Thanks in advance