View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 04:39 PM

Default 192 interface upgrade? EXT clock unstable?

I'm still trying to get my system stable.

Almost all the crashes I'm experiencing now seem to happen when I'm doing something to tracks that are routed to the 2nd 192 interface. I've updated the firmware. Is there ANYTHING else internally that would need to be updated in a 192 if it was 2 or 3 years old?

Examples: I'll select a group of tracks that are routed to the 2nd 192 outputs and try to move them in the mix window. I get the spinning beach ball and after a LONG TIME a message about a time out occuring accessing audio hardware. Or I'll add a send to a track that's routed to the 2nd 192 interface and Pro Tools will crash.

I'm using a Big Ben to clock my system, using it set on internal/44.1. Are there issues with 7.1 that can make this scenario unstable?

The reason I ask is that all my current problems seem to have started when I got the 2nd 192, the Big Ben, and upgraded to 7.1.

I'm thinking for now I may just go back to the 192 clocking and PT 7.0, and then hook up the Big Ben to lay final versions.

I realize I have that other thread going (mac under the weather). But I've done all those things except replace my system drive, which I may do tonight. But this coincidence just struck me today about when I obtained the 2nd 192 and the Big Ben.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor