View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Did I Give Eleven Rack Enough of A Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hartman View Post
I just thought all in all it sounded fizzy and thin. I couldn't get a CLEAN sound out of it to save my life. Everything had a gritty digital edge to it I just hated. I found a couple bluesy presets that were OK, but I don't do blues. Pop and country, and light alternate stuff, no metal.

But I've heard some demos that were pretty impressive. I've been playing forever, and have a lot of experience. I've also used the software version of Eleven with some good results, though nothing overwhelming. Frankly I use Guitar Rig most of the time for Marshall type things and it sounds fine, when I need those. For ABSOLUTE clean, I now use a live amp.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
I was actually in much the same boat as you, not exactly mind, but, I was really after a 'ultra' clean sound for my live gigs in a Church setting, and I spent a lot of time trying to tweak out a lot of the harshness in the Fender amps. Now it could've been due to the Active pickups, that is, the EMG707's I have installed in the majority of my guitars. But, I could get a very good clean out of my Korg unit. Anyway, I was a little disappointed in the 11R on the clean front.

Now I am pleased to report that with the ERXP I don't have that problem anymore. What's more with the Dyn Delay, compressor, Para EQ and chorusing options I am in clean heaven. Sometimes I feel like the Edge from U2 . VaiSatchAttrucci made a vid with an mic'ed acoustic guitar, using Para EQ/compressor and it sounds "great", check it out on YouTube. I am as pleased as punch. But with everything just because the ERXP works for me doesn't mean that it will work out for you - individual results will vary. All I can say is I've been playing more since the ERXP came out than I thought possible - inspiration city.

And the new 3 Bogner Ecstacy, SOD and variac amp models are the bees knees - metal forever dude .

Anyway, I managed to find what I was looking for .