View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Did I Give Eleven Rack Enough of A Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hartman View Post
I had Eleven Rack last year. Had it about two weeks. Sold it, got some other gear I needed.

I just thought all in all it sounded fizzy and thin. I couldn't get a CLEAN sound out of it to save my life. Everything had a gritty digital edge to it I just hated. I found a couple bluesy presets that were OK, but I don't do blues. Pop and country, and light alternate stuff, no metal.

But I've heard some demos that were pretty impressive. I've been playing forever, and have a lot of experience. I've also used the software version of Eleven with some good results, though nothing overwhelming. Frankly I use Guitar Rig most of the time for Marshall type things and it sounds fine, when I need those. For ABSOLUTE clean, I now use a live amp.

But I'm not on a TDM system, and I hate fighting latency, and having a hardware unit with knobs and integration with PT is pretty neat. So I'm thinking of giving it another shot, especially now that I'm hearing good things about the new Expansion pack. Are they actually NEWLY MODELLED amps or just tweaks of what was there?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
If you didn't like it back then, I don't think you'll like it any better now.....It's better then when it came out only due to the new amp choices & FX, but I liked & still do like ALL the original amps & FX...

You gave it a whole 2-weeks too..........

Good luck!