View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM

Default Re: PT11HD on 2011 MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgltd View Post
Hi All,

After searching the web high and low I can't seem to find a convincing answer to my question, which is…

Can I run PT11HD (software) on a MacBook Pro 2011?

I currently have PT10 and CPTK2. I did look at upgrading to PT10HD last year but I never got around to it. Now the only option available at the Avid shop is an upgrade to PT11HD.

Does anyone have any experience with PT11HD on a MBP 2011? I know the Avid website does not list it as a supported computer for use with PT11HD

Does any one have any ideas? I know there were some others on this forum looking for an answer but there was none forthcoming.

Thanks in advance!
Just installed it on my Early 2011 MacBookPro and it runs fine here. Have not run too many sessions as I just got it going, but seems all good with Protools HD Native. I had to upgrade the OS to Mavericks, os I made the plunge. All seems good here. I did run Alsoft Disk Warriorv.4.4, after the OSMavericks Install and found a few directory issues that were easily fixed. Ran that from the DVD G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS