View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Can't hear track I'm recording on but can hear all others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Brizzi View Post
I'm having the exact same issue.

In all my other projects, when I create a track, I can hear it on Record and Playback.

In this specific projects, it doesn't matter if I just created the tracked...I've done everything referenced in here 3 times, I can't hear my track on record. I hear everything else and it plays back just fine, but I cannot, no matter what I do, hear it on record.

It's not Low Latency monitoring, it's not my 2i2, it's not Alt+K, it's not the track, it's not the input, send, or outputs, it's not punch in, anything like that...it's something else entirely and it's driving me nuts, moreso that no one can seem to figure it out. I can't find any setting that I can change so far to make it available...it's crazy.

Anyway, just know you're not alone and there doesn't seem to be an answer. My recommendation is that you check or do a new project, see if it carries over to different/new projects. If so, there is something more going down on your end than on mine as mine is isolated to this specific project.

If it's not impacting your other projects, I recommend you download the tracks that do work, and upload them to a new project so that you can delete the broken project.
Please don't spam onto other threads saying stuff like this. It's just casting noise across DUC and helps nobody.

There very much likely *is* an answer if you focus on clearly describing your problem, your setup and asking for help.

In future you should start a new thread and describe your setup clearly and what you have tried. What track type? What interface? Post screenshots of the Setup>IO pages. Most basic stuff... not only what do you hear/when but what exactly are track and master fader meters doing? (put track meters in pre-fader while tracking, check post-fader on playback). Do you have record/playback faders split? What standard troubleshooting have you tried? Trashed prefs? etc. What exactly are you recording? Are you punching in/using quick-punch? How are you monitoring? Software or hardware? Are you using LLM? Are you monitoring through sends? Anything you don't understand look up in the reference guide PDF.

"project" or session? If you are working on cloud projects that is the first thing to get off of, use good stable proven sessions like effectively everybody else.

I am not sure who exactly you are replying to here or why you are posting on an 6 to 8 year old thread, especially where most folks seem to have worked out in their case the problem *was* LLM/not understanding LLM. And behavior with LLM selected depends on interface mixer/hardware support. Support for track input monitoring in current versions of Pro Tools make some of the other advice on input monitoring in these old threads no longer relevant.

If you want help here please start a new thread, try to provide as much info as you can, and delete your post here.