View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to use a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos home theater as a Pro Tools Dolby Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuret View Post
Alright, I think that almost makes sense to me. I’ll try to map it out to make sure I truly understand the signal path and whatnot. But in the meantime, would it be safe to say that going this route would allow the marantz to, for all intents and purpose, straight up function like it does without the mtrx studio? So having the same Apple TV, PlayStation and other devices hooked up would function like they do now. Sound, video source. All that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MTRX studio would basically be acting like a big input switch and volume control for your power amp. Choose input A, and it just grabs the audio output from the marantz and feeds it to the power amp. Choose input B, and it grabs the output of the Dolby renderer and feeds it to your power amp.

The MTRX studio also has the ability to work in ‘sum’ mode, which would mean both the signal from your Marantz and the signal from the Dolby Renderer would be fed to the power amp at the same time. Perhaps a handy feature if you have other people in the household wanting to use the marantz. Other than that, the marantz will function just the same, with all the peripherals attached, as it does now.

A simpler, more manual option would be to just unplug the XLR cables that connect your Marantz to the Emotiva, and plug your audio interface straight into the emotiva whenever you want to mix in Atmos. You will still need something to act as a monitor controller, unless the emotiva has a volume knob on the front.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.