View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools and 9093 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen333 View Post

Any ideas?
Hi Stephen, I was going to post about this separately, after i'd done a bit more testing, but I may as well jump in on this thread in case it helps.

I recently put an HD Native system together (HD Native Pcie card, with 2xAVID16 I/o's. connected for 32 I/o, OSX 10.15.6, PT Ultimate 2020.9.1)

It's installed in a Hackintosh (I know, naughty me).

For the first few weeks I was plagued by 9093 errors......sometimes big sessions would be fine one day, then give errors the next day...& sometimes tiny ones would cause 9093's after trying to record a single track.

I tried removing all plugins (obviously the AVID ones are auto-regenerated if one does this), & it made not a tiny bit of difference.

Btw. all of this is done at minimum buffer settings (64 samples at 96k) in order to achieve the sub 2ms tracking latency I'm used to with my old HD Accel rig.

After almost giving up & going back to PT10HD, I tried removing the RX580 graphics card, & running using the Intel integrated graphics...& voila...my errors have disappeared.

Is this some kind of conflict happening on the Pcie bus with AVID hardware? Maybe others could shed a light on it, but it seems to have cured my issues.

Obviously being native, there is a point at which the system can't cope, but now it seems predictable, & I haven't had to shift from the lowest buffer setting.

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com

Last edited by Ru_C; 10-21-2020 at 03:42 AM.