View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 05:44 PM

Default "Audio Deadline Not Met"

Hello and Seasons' Greetings,
Let me give my stats - they're an ironic part of all this.

I am on an iMac Pro (2017), with:
-2.3 Ghz 18-Core Intel Xeon W.
-256 GB DDR4 Memory (yes you read that right, 256)
-Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB Graphics Card

I use an Apollo Quad 2 for UA plugins PLUS a DSP Accelerator - the highest level you can get.

With ALL THAT, I am frequently getting a screeching halt in the middle of playback and I get a window (I've attached a screenshot) that says: "Audio Deadline was not met. Check 'Electric Guitar' (or whatever track it chooses to blame)

If I go into getting 'more info" and I HAVE done that, it tells me to enter Pro Tools pressing shift (I think?) - whatever it is, it starts Pro Tools with all plugins deactivated. I am then supposed to one by one check which plugin is the culprit. I am also able to access the CPU usage.

For one, the CPU usage which should be a problem? It's laughable how low it is. And it should be given all of my gear.

I have yet to find a consistent plugin to point to and blame. It may even shift tracks/plugins to whatever it finds offensive at the moment.

And the Project I am on now? It's 2 instruments, a lead vocal and 2 Background vocals. And that's all and I am getting the window even MORE on this project.

I really appreciate any assistance. My apologies for my flippant attitude, but given the higher quality I've chosen for my computer, (I know it's old hat now maybe), I should not be having these issues.

Frank B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B147D836-0DC4-4642-AAD1-EFF6A4EAC0D6_4_5005_c.jpeg (43.3 KB, 0 views)