View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Audient ASP880 in Audient ID14MKII ADAT Weak Signal

My metering is is default Sample peak and default waveform view. I just opened up a clean default Pro Tools session for this test. It will clip if you have a plosive but tracking acoustic guitar with a SM57 max gain and find it hard to get above -25 db.

Sorry about the image. I have another image that could be better but I think the image gets reduced during upload.

This image show the ASP880 first track and ID14MKII second track. They both have the same preamps, from what I'm told. First waveform of each track is max gain. Same microphones sm57s tracked at the same time. ASP is via ADAT into ID. The ID has a very large signal while the ASP is small. I dial back ID gain knob to 3 o'clock and I match the ASP the is on the second track second waveform.

I am new to the ASP880 but I feel like I'm losing signal over ADAT and I don't know why. All I know is that I've become really fast at checking my sample rates and bit depths on all my devices and software . And Yes they match over all devices and programs.

Going to see if I can try this on another computer, DAW or maybe ditch the ID14. Thanks for all the replies. Feel free to suggest anything else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASP880 CH4_ID14 CH1 SM57 PT.jpg (62.9 KB, 0 views)