View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Audient ASP880 in Audient ID14MKII ADAT Weak Signal

Sorry If I doubled replied. Think my first reply got deleted.

Yes, I think you are correct about something not being correct in Pro Tools. I've attached an image of my playback settings. It's the Audient USB ASIO with not other option of changing. My ID mixer image is next with ADAT selected and internal clock set to the ID14. I tried dig 1 which I believe it's the ASP but not signal improvement. All settings are the same across ID mixer, Pro Tools and hardware. Sample rate 48, buffer size 512. I usually set this when create a new session in Pro Tools. Not sure now to check sample rate once I'm in Pro Tools.

ID Mixer vs Pro Tools mixers image shows my vocals yelling test into SM57 with gain on full. It shows the ID mixer is clipping and Pro Tools is getting around -15db.

Image ASP vocals show my vocals singing, medium to high volume all same settings and mic; gain maxed out. The ASP can barely get to -25db on the mixer in playback. I've tried this on the ID14 preamps and I get a stronger sign with the knob at 3 o'clock. These units have the same pre amp.

Is this normal for this unit? I feel like I'm missing something. I can try another DAW but my other interface is out for repairs so I will have to follow up on that.

Sorry if this is my second reply. Any other suggestions would be great, Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playback engine Settings.jpg (39.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ID mixer system panel.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ID mixer vs Protools mixer.jpg (50.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ASP880 vocal signal.jpg (48.7 KB, 0 views)