View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools stuck when loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomcat View Post
I have had that setup for years with no issues at all.
I have been running on Catalina since January with Zero issues, until yesterday.

Quick update, Waves got back at me and stated that Waves Central in the current version can get stuck from time to time and to remove all usb devices and then try again, that solved the Waves Central issue for me.
However after that when launching PT it got stuck on UAD Plugins again, so I trashed the Plugins prefs via PT Prefs again, after that it went past UAD and everything else but then hung on Waves again...
Really frustrating. Going to open a case with Avid now but this is really weird
It doesn't matter that your setup has been running for years with no issues (that's a poor excuse at best) - it's not functioning now. Like I said one of the steps in troubleshooting is to remove as many variables as possible. That means stripping down to the bare minimum to have your system running and then add things back as you test. Like I said - remove the HDX stuff/external chassis and see how things work then.

And you still haven't answered as to how you went to Catalina. That's important because it's well known that in-situ 'upgrades' of OSX can cause issues. You could have things running that aren't really Catalina compatible. Avid's probably going to tell you the same thing - strip back to bare minimum and go from there. I've been through that with Avid before. I've also done more than my share of troubleshooting complex systems to know what to do.

Yeah it's a lot of work but sometimes that's what has to be done.

QAPLA!