View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 10:44 AM

Default Re: C|24 Pro Tools version support

Yes. And frankly, strictly my opinion, in current times DigiDesign Control24 is close to useless even though you could get it working with 3rd party drivers.

1) the old focusrite preamps are tired already. you can get much better for fraction of the price.
2) the monitor section is outdated and the knob has only one sweet spot, you need to heat glue it to proper position
3) the PSU has guarantee to work until you switch it off, but once you turn it on it may be dead already

Only good thing it has are the faders.

Avid C|24 however is another story. It has good 5.1 monitoring section, albeit it requires DB25 cabling but once it is done it is solid. And because of the shape, it is waaaaaayyyyy easier to fit in a flight case, which in my case is worth its weight in gold. I take that thing on live gigs every now and then and it is just as solid as any analog console someone might compare it to. With a difference of being able to easily create 5.1 mix in front of live audience.

With that said I did not like Avid's decision to stop supporting Command24 and Pro Control, the latter being excellent controller. But that is the way things move forward. I think they will not extend support for any legacy controllers after their promised support dates are over, after that it will be EUCON only.