View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Notation/Score editor unusable with large scoring templates

DarylG:
..are any of you guys using the new RAM cache feature? I thought that one of the points of this was specifically to make sessions run more snappily (is that a word?)?

..to snappily run...
...running snappily...
...you think I'm snappy? How am I snappy? You sayin' I'm a snappy guy?

Why yes, I would have to say, split infinitives aside, that snappily is the adverb derivative of the adjective snappy.

One of my HD systems has 10 GB of memory, and I have 3 GB of 5 GB available set aside for the cache. But the cache is for the timeline, and it sounds like the issue is the process of loading 200 or so MIDI tracks into the score editor. I have not yet encountered this issue, as I am still just setting up a PT10HD system.

The OP is unable to work with a specific template that has the high number of MIDI tracks. He is using a combination of virtual and external slave computers linked to a master PT system. So the question is: in spite of PT having a theoretical maximum number of MIDI tracks, when does the reality check kick in, making the time lag so great as to make "more than" a certain number of MIDI tracks unusable.

The cause of the molasses-high-track-MIDI effect is in question.