View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Johnson J-Edit with Digi 001 MIDI

B.Ray,

Initially there were problems with the Johnson, since it didn't work at all until I updated the J-Station firmwear (v2.0) and got the latest version of J-Edit, which was done using my old computer. I checked out the Johnson support sites pretty thoroughly plus some others.
I found this explanation of the error:

"This is usually the result of a recording device that is not recognized or not completely compatible with your sound card. Examples include various manufacturers of USB camera and microphone combinations."

The suggestion was to disable the USB microphone input, not much help to me since I don't have anything like that. I did disable "Assign IRQ to USB" in the BIOS - no help.

My Digi machine runs Win98SE, and I transfered the latest version of J-Edit to it. It now works, but with every click of the mouse I get about 3 of those error messages and have to click OK for each one... a major pain in the neck and finger.

I'd like to get this working via the Digi MIDI, but you are right - if I can't, another sound card or USB MIDI port is the next best option. I just keep thinking that MIDI ain't all that tough for a computer, and it SHOULD work!