View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 09:22 PM

Default Re: How many people have wiped their computer and done a completely clean is installl

OK I went for it, wiped my computer did a clean install of Big Sur… And over 1 1/2 days reinstalled everything from the websites so nothing is an old version… Fired it all up

And had the same problems… Sluggish, big black bar on the graphic screen popping up timeline acting strange in redrawing, watching multi crashes and spinning Beachball’s when I bounce out a track from the session with no plug-ins on the track right clicking bounce from the track name… Since I print back into the session

I suppose someone could say it’s one of your plug-in
But I have ableton with the same plug-ins and no problems
I think my hand is going to fall off from all the installs typing passwords copying and pasting licenses… I know everyone hates ilok
, but that certainly makes things easier

I thought I at least get a couple of days if not weeks of smooth sailing… But no
So if anyone wants to try this… My advice is save your time it’s really not worth it, and this is coming from someone who did it

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]

Last edited by Rectifried; 10-04-2021 at 06:15 PM.