View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Strike-Export Midi Problem......

Aaron,

Thanks for buddying up with me on this one.

I just spent the last 6 hours downloading the web installer version to see if that made any difference, but after purging my system and completely reinstalling, it's no better. The version number of Strike on my DVD's is the same version as the web installer, so no joy there.

MacPro 2 X 2.26 Quad-core / 6GB RAM / OSX10.6.5 (combo updated) / HD3 PCIe / 3 x 192's / SYNC & MIDI IO's / PT V8.1cs2 / Strike V1.5.0.9708

The problem for me has been that if I knew the program better, I'd happily just work around the problem (program by hand etc.), but as a total beginner with this plug, I simply had no idea of what the cause of this was (and still don't really). Is it the midi info that's being recorded wrong or is it some kind of decay interaction with midi velocity on playback that's in error? I could easily spend hours trying to unpick a problem like this, only to find I'm not gonna get anywhere due to it being a programming bug. It just casts doubt in my mind about what else is buggy in this software that's gonna catch me out and make me look foolish in front of clients and potentially wreck a productive session.

I know some people get their knickers in a twist, but I might just flag this up over on the main PTHD thread to see if DigiTechSupport might be able to comment.

Cheers

Steve Bush