View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Hum from Clavia Ddrum4 module

Quote:
Originally posted by moonmusic:
I have a Ddrum 4 SE System 1 set up and haven't had any problems with hum...Maybe you could record the audio of the Ddrum to Protools and then shut the Ddrum module off...If you still get the hum while recording then it positively isn't coming from Ddrum...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Moon!
Yes that is always an option. I didnīt do it yet, cause I am always hesitating with audio because unconsciously fearing to corrupt session with too much of audio files and also because of an old habit from those days were you had to be stingy with HD storage.

But as I checked out connection of the unit ( it is hooked together with PC and Digi ) and since XP ( received last necessary part to work with midi & audio on it yesterday and it is working absolutely great ) with 180 gig ...

You are right I will convert the midi drum tracks. I just was wondering anyway about the brain ( as it is much to quiet through headphones while playing and e.g. the kick pad hardly to be heard, while as played back it tends to distort. Then if I lower inputs in PT it sounds ok again until minutes later where it distorts again. Also cymbals canīt be muted by hand and other phenomenons like that, you know. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ) if it maybe was not in the right condition the way it is.

Greetings
Lalaman