View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Click sounds way bad

Well of course I listened to it. It does sound like you're clipping a bit, does adjusting the output on the plug help? And yes, I'm aware the sounds are less than desirable. Perhaps in a future update we'll get better sounds; a quick search reveals there's been no shortage of complaints.

I don't hear a heavy distortion; I hear brightness, and a slight distortion (maybe because the default output setting is too hot).

Bright clicks tend to bleed, so I insert an EQ with a LPF set to around 3kHz to warm up the tone. You could also print some clicks, pitch-shift them up or down, and then create your own "click tracks" in various time signatures to import to any future session. Or use the click samples from another DAW, or use BFD, or record a cowbell or shaker, or whatever.

I guess I don't see it as such a huge deal. I mean, I know PT hardware is expensive, but I play regularly to a variety of clicks all the time, and I couldn't care less what they sound like, so long as they don't bleed and I'm locking in.