View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I just got a very straightforward mail from Avid about what they're offering.

I have an expired 2020 perpetual license, and I can buy a 1-year subscription with current version and updates, plus Heat, innecircle and stuff, for $99. If I use it for a year and don't renew, I can go back to my old 2020 license and all will be like it is today.

If I renew after a year, it will cost $299 for the next year. Regular price.

So, it's a $99 teaser. Just like I posted earlier. But now Avid is more clear about it. They are also clearer in the Knowledgebase info

quote:
(Last paragraph is most important)

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, do I also get to keep my perpetual license?
A: Yes! You get to keep your perpetual license forever and you get a new annual subscription along with all the benefits that come with it, including over $1,600 in free plugins with the Pro Tools Inner Circle.

Q: With a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I have access to Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards, HEAT analog console modeling, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle?
A: Yes! Pro Tools Inner Circle rewards ($1,600 USD value), HEAT, and the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle are included with Pro Tools subscriptions exclusively. They are not included with Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate perpetual licenses. However, you can enjoy them for the full year of your annual subscription, but will lose access to these rewards and plug-ins should you choose to let your annual subscription expire.

Q: If I choose to renew my Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I be able to do so at this promo price?
A: Promotional pricing is available one time only and is good for the first year of your subscription. If you choose to renew your annual subscription, subsequent years will be at full price.

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, will it extend my the Software Updates & Support Plan of my perpetual license?
A: No. This is a brand-new subscription with a separate license hence it will not extend your perpetual license’s Software Updates & Support plan.
There are still some old perpetual Update and Support licenses at retailers for the regular rates (Vanilla is 299) which I believe would be the way to go if after trying the latest iteration you want to upgrade your perpetual license.

That is my plan anyway.