View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 AM

Default MP3 export problem

If you have MP3 export on 6.7 read on:

I have an 001 with 6.4 installed. I bought the MP3 option ages ago, but have rarely used it (Audition does a good job for simple conversions)

I've done a search and found exactly the problem I'm having:
  • On Pro Tools LE and TDM v6.4, Pro Tools v6.4.1 (Mix systems), nearly every bounce to disk will end with an Access Violation Error

The is an issue with the mp3.dll that comes with any 6.4(.x) installation. It will only allow you to bounce at maximum quality settings. The workaround is to get a mp3.dll of Pro Tools 6.7 or higher and replace the 6.4(.x) file with it. Note: you will likely have to trash preferences after replacing the 6.4 mp3.dll with the 6.7 mp3.dll.
I got to the downloads page:
  • Pro Tools 6.1 and Higher— All TDM & LE & M-Powered Systems
    On these systems, you can install MP3 Option from your Pro Tools 6 or 7 CD:
    Insert the Pro Tools 6 or 7 Installer CD-ROM for Windows in your CD-ROM drive
    Locate and open the Pro Tools Installer folder, and doubleclick the Setup icon
    Check the box next to "Update MP3 Codec" or "MP3 Codec Update"
    Run the installer
As it happens I've just bought an MBox1 (for another PC) with a 6.7 disk. I put that disk into my PC, and it tells me I have an older version of PTLE, and i must uninstall that first.

So, anyone got the 6.7 or higher mp3.dll and feel like mailing it to me? You'll find it with a simple search, and it should be no more than 40KB. Obviously I already have a serial number of my own.

Cheers.