View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Avid officially kills Sugar Bytes TransVST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Min View Post
Personally, I think this is semi-positive. Maybe it will encourage more developers to develop AAX! I personally don't like using a wrapper (I currently use one with PT 10). A wrapper is not as good as a native plugin.
+1

I'd bet my Synchronic plugin that the outcome of this wrapper was the deciding factor of AAX support for some companies.

For Avid it is common sense, not corporate bs. They want as many companies as possible to support their new format. In the newly coded PT 11 it is possible that TransVST would be extremely stable and a great reason for some companies to do the opposite of support AAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
How is it so different from hosting via other apps? (From the users POV not the tech side).
If you are referring to hosts like VEP 5 or Reaper ReWire, AFAIK, a wrapper is a more streamlined approach, particularly with effects plugins.

With a wrapper aren't the plugins opened inside the DAW? Not the case with a host that also requires additional routing.

No effects plugin company would bypass AAX for their product to used in VEP 5. This could absolutely be the case with TransVST.