View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Really frustrating problem.

Firstly....thank you everyone for the help so far. It is greatly appreciated!

Rich Breen
Disc Allocation says it is saving to my external drive named Pro Tools Sessions as selected in the Location at the bottom of the Dashboard when creating a session.

Desktop & Documents Folder is NOT checked at iCloud Preferences>iCloud Drive. Should it be?

Thanks Rich.

K Roche

First...sorry about the pics being huge. I had set them to large thumbnail not original and did that because of all the text and the fact Imgur makes images blurry. I wanted people to be able to read them. And when I tried double clicking them to see if they went to original file....nothing happened.

Thank you for pointing out my Operation Preference is set correctly. Now I can discount that. I use Save as I go and when closing a session when it asks I always choose Save. For that one time I'm willing to concede I hit Don't Save and lost the guitar track....in all the frustration. It never happened again.

Drum loops are .WAV files.

Yes the Location is and has always been set as my external hard drive "Pro Tools Sessions" except for one time I tried Desktop to rule out a drive problem. Back to PT Sessions again now.

Thanks Kev!

UPDATE!!!!

In searching for information on Disc Allocation, a video at PT Expert mentioned something in the first few seconds that is critical. Under PT Preferences>Processing......there is a checkbox 'Automatically Copy Files On Import' which he said should be checked and mine WAS NOT!

I checked this and created a new track. I left the previous tester track with the Drumcore Loops in the session. Made the track, opened an insert of Drumcore.......dragged in a loop and played it. Then I looked in the session folder in Audio Files.........and it was there! YAY!!

BUT.......when I went to play it a second time it would not! So now the file is where it should be but it will still only play the first audition of it.

Since I did not need the original instance of the Drumcore plugin on the first track of drum loops........I hit No Insert and got rid of it. Imagine my surprise when I hit play and it started playing. Even though there are no files for that drum track in the audio files......it was playing. (So PT knows where it is.)

So I did the same for the second track that I had dragged loops into that only played back once. As soon as that Drumcore plugin was removed from the Insert section.....the track played just fine.

So......checking 'Automatically Copy Files On Import' sorted out the files not going into the audio file folder. √

Removing the Drumcore plugin after importing the loops....sorted the playback problem. √ Except how do I create and edit a track of lots of different loops if that track will only play the first loop once and then no playback?
Still waiting on Drumcore Support and I will update them too.

Any further ideas are welcome.

Sorry for the long posts. I want to be as clear as I can and not miss out any steps.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)