View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 03:05 PM

Default Re: C24, is the monitor section that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggi View Post
HI Darryl.
Yes, my option is to, as you say to connect both via the c-control and direct out analog from my Ls56. I was just interested to hear what other people think about the C24s monitor section.
I really have no complaints so far....
You already know lots of people don't like it, and some others will defend it it as not too bad. For folks who need monitor controllers for their workflow, e.g. switching a set of monitors or switching between stereo and 2.1 and 5.1. It may be critical if it is all they have or what they are used to/like. But you have just a single pair of monitors.

Ah but I kinda disagree with that assumption about comparing two analog controller choices here. The base starting point for me would be direct digital connection to your monitors since they have digital input and compare everything else to that. That was the point of my post. And maybe you can live entirely with just the direct digital connection.

And of analog controllers, I kinda suspect comparing the C|24 to the C-control may not show that much difference.. but please tell us what you think if you try an A/B test. Maybe I'd expect more if you had something like a Grace M905 (and I'd go into that digital if possible). I just have a high opinion of Grace products.