View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Weird Behavior from my Mix+ rig

Hi, my Pro Tools rig just started doing something weird. I have a drum session coming in on Sunday so I was going through all sixteen channels of the snake, mic pre's, 888's, etc. to make sure everything was cool.

Well, channels 1-8 worked fine, but when I got to 9, I started getting a very nasty popping noise and no audio. I disconnected the mic pre and it was still there so at least that was working fine. Next step I ran Digitest and that showed everything passed.

I started thinking that it was either a. the interface, b. the digilink cable, or c. the actual card itself. I swapped the cable and it worked fine with either cable. I swapped interfaces and channels 1-8 worked fine on either one. I have a Mix Core, Mix Farm, and DSP Farm card so I unplugged the interface from the Mix Farm card, changed the settings, and hooked it up to the DSP card and I was still getting the same problem. So either my Mix Farm and DSP card are broken (and making the exact same noises which is not likely), or I'm missing something really obvious.

Bottom line is, as far as I can tell, the hardware is working 100% fine, but anything above A8 is only putting out a buzzing noise and no audio, and anything above A8 for inputs is making just a nasty popping sound. What gives? Any suggestions for be great. Thanks.