View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Upgrading from PT10 to PT12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And why would you want to run Pro Tools 12 specifically? To run Pro Tools 12.5 or earlier? There has been a lot of enhancements and bug fixes to Pro Tools since then. I'd want to be on a recent (like 2021.12) release if my OS supported it.

Some retailers might still have the now expired promotional program licenses to sell. The program expired December 31st. I would call Vintage King (strongly recommend them) or Sweetwater and ask them. This is exactly what to ask for: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...until-31st-dec

Otherwise subscriptions are an option if you don't want to repurchase another perpetual license.

A good sales rep at a reseller can understand your needs and walk you through all options.
Thanks for the info. To be honest I said pro tools 12 because I thought that is the latest version. I’m not up to date on this as I’ve been happily running PT10 on a 2012 MacBook for years. I just got a brand new iMac running OS 12.1 Monterey so I imagine I will be compatible for the latest version.

I’ll be sure to call those companies to see if they any of the promotional licenses to sell.